2020 EEO-5 Data Collection
Message sent successfully.
EEO-5 Data Collection (Elementary – Secondary Staff Information Report)
The 2020 EEO-5 Data Collection is closed. No additional reports will be accepted.
Updates about the upcoming 2022 EEO-5 Data Collection, tentatively scheduled to open on September 27, 2022, will be posted to www.EEOCdata.org/eeo5 as they become available.
Filers may print their completed and certified 2020 EEO-5 Reports, as well as historical reports, in the EEO-5 Online Filing System. To print your reports:
- Log into the EEO-5 Online Filing System
- Navigate to your School System or District Dashboard by selecting your School System or District
- On your School System or District Dashboard, select the green “Download/Print 2020 Report” button
- To print Historic reports select “Historic Data (Prior EEO-5 Reports)”, where you can view and download all certified reports for your School System or District by selecting the “Download” button
Who Must File
The EEO-5 Report is a mandatory biennial data collection that requires all public elementary and secondary school districts with 100 or more employees to submit demographic workforce data, including data by race/ethnicity, sex, and activity assignment classification. The filing by eligible school systems or districts is required under section 709(c) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. § 2000e-8(c), 29 CFR 1602.39 and .41-.45.
What Will I Need?
- Registration ID and PIN (provided via U.S. mail for previous filers or at registration for new filers)
- School system/district name and address
- Type of agency which operates the reporting school system
- Number of schools and annexes operated
- Total enrollment as of October 1, 2020
- Workforce data from the pay period closest to October 1st of the reporting year (i.e., 2020)
- Number of new full-time hires between July 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020
- Sex and Race/Ethnicity of all employees
- Activity Assignment Classifications of all employees
Filers who submitted data for the 2018 EEO-5 collection will receive their system’s/district’s 2020 EEO-5 notification letter by U.S. mail. The letter will include your Registration ID and PIN, which are required to create an account in the new EEO-5 Online Filing System. The Registration ID and PIN are used to link your school system/district to your individual user account in the new EEO-5 Online Filing System. After creating your user account and personal password, log in with your username and password to access the EEO-5 Online Filing System. Once you have created a user account, you will no longer need your Registration ID and PIN to access the EEO-5 Online Filing System.
Eligible school system/districts are required to file and certify the 2020 EEO-5 Report by Monday, October 4, 2021.
If your school system/district was not eligible to file in 2020, you will need to certify that you were ineligible in 2020 within the EEO-5 Online Filing System.
New contacts at school systems/districts should contact the EEO-5 Filer Support Team to submit the system’s/district’s updated contact information. This request must be submitted by an authorized official who is currently a point of contact, or include a letter, in electronic PDF format, on school system or district letterhead, from an authorized official, identifying the new contacts. Filers should save a PDF copy of your system's/district’s EEO-5 Report as soon as the Report has been submitted and certified in the EEO-5 Online Filing System.
Security Privacy Notice
Please note that data transferred using the EEO-5 Online Filing System is encrypted.